25 books and 30 articles later...

Tomorrow is the day. I have 9 hours to take everything I know about the sociology of the family and distill it into 3 essays. I thought I was going to have 24 hours, but my chair prefers a work-day length exam.

I've been spending the last week divining what I think my chair might focus on in the questions. To prepare, I've pre-written four essays: one on the changes that have taken place in the family in the 20th century (along with the causes and consequences), one on cohabitation, one on fatherhood and one on marriage as a social institution. If he asks anything that can be answered by drawing on what I've written, I'm golden. If he goes way out in left field, I'm in for a horribly stressful day.

I just can't wait for it be over...and hopefully I will have done well.


2 comments:

greg'ry said...

Just think... In one more month you will be rewarded with a trip to Montego Bay!

And you guys both deserve it! Great job!

RJ said...

Congratulations - you're done! How does it feel? How did it go? How was the post test celebration? Josh told me it would involve ice cream, target, and something else. Hooray!